Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Slightly Renewed

Today I was reminded why certain people have been put into my life.  When asked for a favor, they did not hesitate one bit.  A couple of these people I have not spoken to in at least six years.  I am reminded of the good within people.  That there are people out there that really do want to help.

Over the last year, I have been able to find a little inner peace. This comes from seeing people and the roles that they have in my life.  I have learned that if someone does not bring a ounce of happiness to my life, that I have little time for them.  Why continue to be with people when it is difficult, uncomfortable, or impersonal.  When someone continues to bring misery, conflict, and complications, I am choosing to stay away.  Life is too short to be miserable. 

I love it when Oprah says (yes I love her) "Believe people when the continue to show you who they are."  When they are unreliable, unresponsive, or miserable, they are showing me how much they care for me and our relationship.  When someone cares, brings laughter to my world, and is supportive, I believe them for who they are.  And today, I had five people show me who they were - my true friends, my support. 

0 comments: