- Addison has decided that she is done with pull-ups. She potty trained herself for the most part. She has not had an accident in over 2 weeks. She can put herself on the toilet, wipe, get off, and flush. With stool in place, she can wash her own hands. I love her determination!
- We have bought diapers every week for a little over 5 years. We are down to just a pull-up at night. Those are dry most of the time. I feel a pay raise coming.
- Reece is signed up to take dance starting in 2 weeks. I am so excited I can hardly control myself. Hitting up the dance store this weekend. Yeah!!!
- She is also doing soccer again this fall. We will see you on the weekends after Christmas.
- School starts in three weeks. One more pay raise.
- Addison had surgery to remove her adenoids and clear her sinuses. She did great. Mom- not so much. Mom still not doing great because Addison still has a lot of drainage. We have had one follow-up and will have another next week. We will see how she is on Tuesday and go from there.
- My WONDERFUL family and friends watched the girls this past weekend so that Chad and I could have a mini vaca in Hot Springs. Loved the trip. Love my family for keeping the girls. Love my girls.
- I think the girls may have pushed the "when we have kids" time frame back for some. They are a handful.
- Where has the summer gone?!?! I need some serious quality time at the pool. I have missed it greatly this summer.
- Reece is still seeing the eye specialist for her patch therapy. It is REALLY working. The eye has gone from 20/125 to 20/60. Huge difference in about 6 months. She will always have to wear glasses or contacts, but the lazy eye is working more consistently. Let me know if you ever need to learn about amblyopia.
- Chad is turning 33 on 9/9/09. Monica - can you hold out until that date to have Baby Girl Ramsey?
- My garden is growing cucumbers consistently. Lots of tomatoes for a while. It is too hot right now but they will start in a couple of weeks. I want to do it in the fall too. Any suggestions?
- Chad and I have decided that we are the worst camera people ever. I will try to post what few pictures we have taken this month. (notice I didn't say this week, hehe)
- Reece is starting KINDERGARTEN! Do you believe that? I don't. I know she went to school last year but I think this year is what will really make it real.
- Reece is such a little adult. The things that come out of her mouth make me laugh. She asked me this morning, in the car on the way to daycare and work, why I didn't fix my hair. I said I did. She said I needed a haircut. I agreed.
- Addison is talking in real words ALL DAY LONG. It is great to have these little conversation with her and to finally understand what she has to say. And she has a lot to say.
- Addison's nick name is Boss Lady. She rules this roost. She tells you how it is. She is also incredibly sweet. She gives that absolute tightest hugs and puckers up to give you a kiss.
- Everyone I know is pregnant, waiting for a baby, getting married, moving, having surgery, celebrating birthdays or milestones, getting new jobs, or getting new cars. Our days are never the same and always busy.
- I wouldn't change any of it.
- I could tell you other stuff but why would I. You will just have to wait for my next update. I less than 2 months. I promise.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
6 comments:
Glad to see you back in the saddle. We need to catch up from the weekend. I want to hear more about your trip. Perhaps on the ride to Corsicana Saturday.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed you had updated!!!! Welcome back. I love and miss you. Can we do dinner friday night? Bryson is not allowed in restaurants but we could order in!?!?!?
I was so excited to see your post too! I miss your funny stories- but understand you are one busy Momma;) So glad you, the hubby and girls are doing well. Glad you had a fun vaca with out kiddies! I need one of those;) Special times!
Hey girl! I miss ya! Where is Reece taking dance? I'm switching studios for Ashley. And, Reece will be just fine in kinder~ it's not a scary place! :)
Love the update! :) And my dream date to have Baby Girl is 09/09/09... I'm actually due on 9/14, and I just feel like I'm not one of those people that will go early, but if I had my way my Baby Girl and your man would share a birthday! :)
I sure hope to give Chad a great B-day present this year! I can't believe Reece is starting kindergarten! We are completely diaper free, for now ;) Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment