I would like to start this post with an apology. I have been really bad at many things lately.
- Blog posting - just not enough time in the day.
- cleaning house - see #1
- Relationships - everyone has fallen into the cracks lately - husband, kids, girlfriends, family.
So this is my public apology. I am sorry if I have neglected you lately.
It isn't because I don't care, because I do.
It isn't because I don't want to check in with you, cause I do.
I have had to become a little selfish lately with my time. Getting the kids where they need to be at the right date and time and trying to spend a little time with my husband in between school and homework is about all that I can manage.
But lately I have been thinking (fretting) about the relationships in my life. So here is my written therapy session.
I choose to have friends that support me. And I support them. We don't have to talk every day or every week. Heck, we can go for months without saying a word, but the minute one of us reaches out to the other, it is as if we never missed a beat. Thank you for being that friend.
Thank you for telling me I need to loose weight, need a haircut, that my shorts are cute, and that calling in pizza was a great dinner. Thank you for telling me what I NEED to hear and what I want to hear.
Thank you for not judging me. For not keeping score of the last time I called, who watched who's kid last, for not asking about your latest achievement. I really do care and want to know. I have had a momentary laps in judgement.
I promise that I will try harder. This semester is almost over and I will be back to normal in a few weeks.
Much Love,
Christine
2 comments:
You don't give yourself enough credit. I'm so impressed by you managing marriage, kids, kid's schedules... not to mention your continued education. Even if you feel like you don't have it all together, to the rest of us, it totally looks like you do. You're a calm presence, a good friend, fantastic mother, and thoughtful wife (and great cook!). Don't sell yourself short, honest... I'm impressed how together are are (or at least seem to be!) I wish we lived close enough to take a breather and have a spa day together.
I, too, have been very bad lately at keeping up with my girlfriends. In fact, I suck. I really want to but never can find extra time or energy. So don't feel bad, we are all right there with you!! I love you and miss you so much. Hope we can get together at some point, but I'll try to at least call you occassionally to catch up. And I'm so proud and amazed at how you're keeping up with your school and personal life, you go girl!!!
Post a Comment