Let me start off by saying that I can hear all of you yelling at me to update the blog. I know, I know. I haven't been in a blogging mood. So beware, this may be long.
Two weekends ago, all of the Court kids and their SO and kids went to Bryan for a family reunion. Chad and I weren't sure when we would leave but decided that we would leave Friday so that we (I mean I) could eat our (my) way through the day on Saturday. I am happy to report that I accomplished my goal. We had some kolaches for breakfast with some Shipley donuts. Lunch was at Pepe's. It is this total unremarkable building that makes great tacos, queso, and chips. And it is cheap. I would compare it to a homemade Taco Bell. I did miss my little meat market and did not get there before it closed but I might be able to convince Mom to stop by before she comes up in a couple weekends. But the BEST meal was Wings n More. I am a big boneless wing eater but not here. Just orginial wings please. There is just something about their wings that make them sooooo good. Maybe it's all of the garlic. I left with real pretty stained fingers. I just blended in with the crowd.
The reunion was good. It was nice to see everyone and all of the new faces. The Emola family is my paternal grandmother's family. My grandmother was one of 9. All of the siblings had children, (my parents), and they had kids (us) and then some of us have kids (the girls). So there was 4 generations there. There are 3 children still living and 2 SILs and one BIL. The only living couple just celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary. So sweet. I don't have any great pics from the weekend but I will share one when I get it. I would guess there was about 100 people there.
This week has been nuts with just day to day stuff. I have signed up to be the room mom for Reece this year. Lucky me, her teacher is the lead teacher for pre-k so that also makes me the lead room mom. We have a field trip at the end of this month so I am trying to find volunteers.
I am sure that I have mentioned this but if not - Reece is in the dual-language program. That means that every other day is in Spanish. They work on 2 letters a week as well as shapes and colors. It has been so much fun listening to her come home and "talk" in Spanish. She is also teaching Addison as she goes and that is always entertaining. The dual language program has an annual fundraiser for scholarships for the program and it is in 2 weeks. She will be preforming a couple song as will all of the grades. Then there is a fair that happens the same evening. They serve all different Spanish foods as well as a hot sauce contest. What weekend is this you ask? It is the Saturday of Layne and Mitzi's couple shower that is on Friday. You know the one that I am co-hosting. I am not complaining. Just saying if anyone wants to come and take the girls for a little while on Friday and Saturday, I am up for it.
This week....was one of those weeks. Poor Reece. It just hasn't been great for her. While at Mom and Dad's house in Bryan, she and I went outside to play for about 10 minutes. She was just attacked by mosquitos. They just went to town on her legs. I know that she is so sweet that they can't resist. And I know better and should have put bug spray on but it's OCTOBER! The bugs should be dead by now. Well come Monday her little legs were bright red and had heat, so off we went to the doc. We got some medicine and she was good to go. But not after we got "Please be sure to watch Reece for systemic changes such as high fever and red streaks up her legs. This is a sign of infection. You should call immediately. If it is after hours, just take her to the ER and have them call us. " Thanks Dr. Bill. No panic. She was fine the rest of the week.
I have been planning with the other Maywalds this week to have pictures of all of the little cousins together. We only have a picture of Reece and Blake when they were 4 and 7 months old. We were way over do. So we all met in Fort Worth. Next time, I think I will suggest an outdoor on location shoot. It is not in any one's best interest to try and get 4 toddlers to all smile and look cute all at the same time in a studio. We got one that was OK and we'll take it for now. I will let you all see it when they come in.
We opted to stay in Fort Worth for the night. My girlfriend's daughter's birthday party was today in Keller and it was just easier to stay than drive. The party was at a gymnastics place and the kids had a really good time. Addie tired to keep up with all of the other 3-6 year olds and I will have to say that she was holding her own. Reece was doing awesome until the very end. She fell on the long running trampoline and tried to catch herself. She cried. We blew it off and tired not to make it a big deal. I thought like every other time, she would forget about it in 5 minutes. She whined until we left and crashed in the car before we even hit the highway. She was still complaining about it when we got home. We put her to bed to continue her nap. It didn't last too long. She was up and crying every time we touched her elbow.
So off to Acute Kids urgent care. As we walk in, the guy be hind the counter says "head" . The lady says "arm". I said "Are you guess what is wrong with my kid?" They said yes. And I said, it is her arm. We laughed it off and signed in. No one else was in the waiting room so we went straight back. A couple of x-rays and a Popsicle later, ladies and gentlemen, we have a fractured elbow. It was confirmed by the radiologist this evening. I am making an appointment tomorrow and will update you when I know more. We will see. She has a soft cast and a sling. And some good pain medicine.
I hope this week is easier than the last couple. I am exhausted and I know the month I have ahead of me. It is book solid and I need a weekend away. Can I just go to work for one of you tomorrow?
4 comments:
So sorry to hear about Reece. That has to be tough. We will be thinking about you. Thanks for inviting me up on Friday night. I had a good time. Good to see Megan. Love ya, Layne
Ugh. Poor Reece! And poor you! I'm not sure about those healthcare providers making a guessing game out of your kid's injury, though! :) Don't forget the Children's Legacy ER is now open and seeing patients. Hopefully that was the last time you'll be rushing to the doc for urgent care, but just in case...
Hugs to Miss Reece. And let me know if there's anything I can do to alleviate some stress! Delegate, Momma!
First, you may absolutely switch places with me tomorrow-- Remember, I teach KINDERGARTEN, so that will surely be fun for you. Second, I am jealous of the sHipley's, Pepe's, and Wings-- how dare you not bring any back for those of us less fortunate?!?! Third, POOR REESE! That really is terrible. Let me know if I can help you!
oh no! let me know if I can do anything to help... I'll be thinking about you guys!
Post a Comment