Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Late Entry...

I have been is lala land for a couple of days.  I just can't get it together.  So here is my very late entry on some things that have been going on. 


It seems like months ago that I went to the Maroon 5 concert with a couple friends.  We left early afternoon and checked into a hotel near the concert.  We grabbed a bite to eat at Uncle Julio's on Oak Lawn.  I am so happy they are putting one in Allen.  We had a couple drinks, and headed back to the hotel to catch a cab to go to the concert.  I don't remember the last concert that I went to.  It has been YEARSSSSS.  Anyway, the concert was good and it wasn't too hot.  My friend had a great post on her blog about the night and what we "learned".  Check it out for more details and pictures.  I am so glad that I went.  I must do more girls' nights.  

This weekend, Chad was in Fort Worth so it was just me and the girls.  We meet a friend in downtown McKinney for Oktoberfest.  It was busy but the kids had a great time.  Here are some pictures from the afternoon.   It's starts with face painting.  Reece is obsessed with cats right now so she became a pink kitten and Addie had a little butterfly crown.  They loved looking at each other and themselves in the mirror.  They did a little painting.  Reece tried the jump house but there were too many kids for her.  We stop at a really cute popcorn and candy shop.  Then headed for the ponies.  Everyone had their fill of the event and off we went to Chick-fil-a.  We did get a few looks because of the face painting.  Overall, a great afternoon.  


1 comments:

Sara Blackburn White said...

Christine-
They are so precious!!
Love the pics of them waiting on the cookies- priceless;)
I was thinking- it might be fun for all of us to meet at the Arboretum this month for fall;)
I will check with Amy and see what wknds they have open. Let me know which ones you do. I think we are here this one then the 22 and 31st;)