We went this morning to the Ortho to follow-up on Reece's little trip down the trampoline. She did great, as always. She does have a fracture. The doctor called it a ripple on the radial head bone in the elbow. She has a beautiful hot pink cast that she thinks is pretty. While I was talking to Mom this morning, I mentioned how cool it was to watch them wrap it up. (I have never broken a bone and have no cast experience) Reece corrected me and said that it wasn't cool, it was pretty.
She has a sling (she calls it her arm purse) to help her carry the cast. It covers her whole arm from the fingers to her shoulder. The location of the fracture is near the area where they see injuries from swinging kids by their arms. If her arm was to dislocate, then we would be looking at surgery. To avoid the twisting and dislocation possibility, they wrapped her wrist to keep it from moving.
How did this all happen? She was just being a kid. Things like this happen. She was hopping down the long trampoline to jump into the foam pit, and got ahead of herself. She stuck her arms out to break her fall and landed wrong. That is it. Something that I am sure she has done 100 times without getting hurt. I am sure that we will go back to a gymnastics party again. I am sure she will fall again at some point. I am sure that this will not be that last time she will be hurt. Hopefully, this is our only broken bone.
3 comments:
Please tell her I think it's gorgeous! I hope she heals soon - it really starts to itch after the first or second week.
I'm so glad you have such a great attitude about this- and that hot pink casts exist. Can you imagine what would happen if not?!? Thanks for posting the pic. She looks TOO cute!
Awww..Pink is her color...so sorry about your sweetie.... Keep me posted...
Post a Comment