Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Three of Lock Down

So we are on day three of this great ice lock in. Thought I would share a few things.

  • The trash men did not come on Tuesday so the trash has been sitting at the street since then. So when we fill up a bag, we have to walk it out to the street. Normally, not a big deal but
  • The street and the yard are covered with at least an inch of ice. We have not been above 25 in four days. The added bonus is going to be the snow that is suppose to come this evening into morning.
  • The mail man comes when he can. He has missed a day or two. I think it is because we are a rural route.
  • I love my kids but we need some time apart.
  • Had I known that we were going to be locked in for three-four days, I would have bought a lot of Dr. Pepper, chips, dips, wings, chocolate cake, and other crappy food when I went to the store on Monday.
  • I just want to scream "WHAT?!" every time I hear Momma. Again I do love them but seriously, they call my name like every 5 minutes.
  • We are running out of craft supplies. We need tape, pipe cleaners, glue stick, more paper, and over all some new ideas.
  • The house is clean - new sheets, clean clothes, dusted, vacuumed. The dog has had her weekly bath. I am running out of things to do but don't tell Chad. He'll think of something "great" that hasn't been done in a while.

I don't know how much more I can take. I don't know how people in the north do it. I won't complain about the heat ever again.

0 comments: