Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Days like Today

It is on days like today that I am thankful

  • my husband can work from home
  • my kids are okay with popcorn and a movie
  • lots of art projects
  • a dog that likes snow
  • a great working heater
  • more stuff to do around the house than I will ever get done

But what always comes to my mind is that I am grateful for not working as a manager in a nursing home. Even though over four years have past, I still think about all of the work that goes into days like this. I am grateful that I don't have to drive into work. That I don't have to cook meals for 200 because the kitchen staff didn't show up. Or that I would be doing laundry because the laundry staff didn't show. Or that I would be negotiating bonuses, extra pay, or extra days off to get the nursing staff to stay or come in. I don't have to worry about back up generators, pharmacy deliveries, O2 tank fills, and if the heater is working in each room.

I get to sit in my nice warm house and be with my family.

1 comments:

michelle said...

home again tomorrow. hoping my two will be just as content watching movies and coloring ....but if they are as ancy as me it is gonna be a LONG day!