This week... less than productive. But one thing has been accomplished by default. Addison is paci free. I never thought I would see the day or survive the process. In my head, I have debated different "techniques". All seemed a little dramatic. We have been surviving on the final 2 pacies for longer than I can imagine. I made the decision to cut the tips a little (it turned into a lot) to make them less desirable. It worked well but Addison still carried them around like a smoker carries the fake nicotine "cig". It was her comfort so I let it go.
Well, Tuesday morning between the hours of 6:15 and 7:30 a.m., Addison lost the lone paci. I looked, but did not have time to really look. I had a meeting at Reece's school and had to leave that to take Addison to school on time. I warned her teachers that she did not have a paci. They said not to worry. It would be okay. Those ladies are just the best. They said she screamed for her paci forever during nap time. (the twins in her class each have one). After a long while, they took Addie to the director's office so that she would not disturb the class any more than she had. Within five minutes she was out cold, asleep on her mat. The process had been started.
The next 2 nights and days went off without a hitch. That is until last night. We left the house after dinner to run a quick errand. I know that statement is an oxymoron but we tried. As we are driving back, Addison is crabby and Reece finally speaks up and says, "I think Addie wants her PACI". Chad and I in unison say "Reece don't say that." So very quietly Reece ask Addison, "Do you want your PACI? Is that why you are so grouchy?" Addison "un-hun" Us - "Reece, DON'T SAY THAT!" R- "Well she does!"
So while many of our are worried that your child will say other 4-letter words, we are worried that PACI will be said around here. Reminds me that I need to have a conversation with that little girl.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
1 comments:
Good luck! LOL! We just went through this 4wks ago. It took him 2 nights of waking in the middle of the night, but we didn't have big sibling reminding him of it :) I was shocked at well he gave it up!
Post a Comment