I must say that Chad and I are good parents. We don't let the girls eat total crap all the time. They are in bed most nights by 8 pm. They have manners (not that they always use them). They are kind to each other (most of the time).
I say this because Addison is wanting to spend more quality one on one time with each of us because we are so wonderful. She calls each of our names at all times of the day. She prefers the hours of 3 am - 7 am for this quality time. She likes to watch us as we sleep in what should no longer be call our bed. At this point, it is the family bed. She likes to be awake and rock in the chair upstairs for at least 4 hours a day. She even brought me the empty Wii box at 6:00 am on Sunday so that we could play a game together.
While I appreciate the love and affection, GO TO SLEEP ADDISON!!!! Your new sleep "pattern" is terrible! It is like having a newborn in the house. You never know how long she will be down. Once you get into a nice deep sleep, she screams our names instead of crying (which she does too). When she is asleep, I am finding myself saying, "Should I sleep while she sleeps?". Or do I do the typical mom thing and do as much as I can while she is asleep because who knows when I will have a chance to do it. Is she too old for the Ferber Method? We are trying it and it is not working!!!
So as you see, we are good parents. Our children listen to us so well and are on a great schedule. I am hoping that this phase passes real soon.
4 comments:
Ok... this makes it obvious how close they are in age. Braden is doing almost the same thing. His days of sleeping 11 or 12 hours solid has disappeared for about a month now. He has been crabby during the day because of it. So - I completely feel your pain. If you come up with any solutions... PLEASE tell me.
Addie finally said "Teeth Hurt" this afternoon. I feel horrible. That's been what is wrong and I had no clue. Maybe Braden? You could just send him with Paula in December and they can keep each other company in the morning.
Jack was doing the same thing...and for knock on wood for 48 hours we are mostly back on schedule. I just made him cry himself to sleep- so mean I know- but I fig. 45 min of him screaming was better than all night keeping me up in bed. He is a fish in bed- and snores like an 80 yr man and he is only two. I thought it was bc of the time change?? Good luck- it will pass;) Just be strong!!
I'm cracking up, because I too am sleep deprived. Maybe it really is the weather and the time change. How did the bazarre go?
Post a Comment