Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Morning

We had a great Christmas this year. Reece was really into Santa, the cookies, reindeer food, counting down the days, and our family elf, Nate. We talked Christmas Eve about not coming downstairs until the sun was up so that we didn't see Santa. Looking back, I wish I had made some exceptions.

I sat all night wondering what the girls reactions would be Christmas morning. Would this be the year for a scream of excitement? Not so much. Reece came down the stairs and into our room like normal and announced that Santa had come in a calm voice. I rolled over and see that she was semi naked standing in panties only. Chad asked "Where are your clothes?" Answer, "Well I tee-teed in my bed last night. I didn't want to see Santa so I changed clothes, put on new panties, and made myself a pallet in my room". This is where I was torn. Do I laugh because it was so honest? Does my heart break because I was the reason why she didn't want to come down? Do I beam with pride because my 4 year old fixed her own problem in the middle of the night? It was a little of all three.

We all went upstairs to get Addison along with a night gown for Reece and on Reece's bedroom floor was her pallet. A pillow from her bed. A blanket on the ground. Another blanket to cover up with. We ripped off the sheets, sprayed the bed, and we down to have Christmas.

That story will come up at her graduation party for sure.

0 comments: