Friday, December 12, 2008

Miss Independent

I am here again comparing by kids. I know you are not suppose to but we are talking complete opposites. I knew that once we hit 2 years old, the changes kick in at rapid speed. The shift to become more independent and less baby like are almost over night. Addison is so much more independent than Reece is today.

I remember coming home with Addison from the hospital and how Reece grew-up over night. Let me be honest, it happened the morning Reece came to the hospital to meet Addison. She went from being my baby to this little girl. I don't know if I was in a pregnancy trance for 6 months and missed her growing or if I simply slept through it.

So here we are two years later and I am more aware than ever that Addison is no longer a baby. She is talking so much and has such an independent nature. She puts on her own shoes (I still do Reece's in the morning - don't get me started, she can do it). She wants to put her pants on by herself. She is constantly say, "Me, Me, Me!" I need to get her a little t-shirt that says, "On my own". It's like her little motto,

I can see some conversations happening much sooner with Addison than with Reece. Here is what I am dreading:

I can walk myself to school.
I can stay by myself at the house - I don't need a sitter.
I can cook dinner tonight. Don't worry about dinner Mom. (I can't wait for this one!!! Not dreading it at all)
I'm driving to the football game in Houston.
I'm moving out of this house! You are making me crazy! I'll be fine with my crappy job and broken down car. I don't need you.

I know we are years away but I do see a behavior plan in my near future.

1 comments:

Amy Ellis said...

Oh, Christine. Maybe the book I write on raising an independent, strong-willed daughter will be published by the time Addyson goes to kindergarten so that you can learn and laugh from my experiences. I should have known we were in for it when the doctor had to pull her out of my body. she turned her head at the last minute and refused to come out. That was only the beginning. We'll talk more in person...