Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Please, please just sleep

Addison has a good old fashion cold with a great ear infection. I can sympathizes with her. I had ear infections all the time growing up and have even had a few while living here as an adult. They suck. That is just all there is to it. But I think there is more to Addison's poor sleeping pattern.

My cousin and his wife have a handsome little boy, Braden, that is a few weeks younger than Addison. Monica and I are lucky to have each other and compare the two kids. Not in a competitive nature, but more in a "SHE/HE IS NOT SLEEPING" compare. So come to find out Braden is not sleeping either. Both of the kids will sleep for a couple of days then not sleep for a couple of weeks.

Addison woke up some time during the night (sorry Chad, never heard her). I know this because I rolled over and Chad was not in bed, for a long time. They both came down around 4:30 this morning and she was ready to go for the day. Like wide awake - hungry, change diaper, milk, cartoons, tissue (runny nose and eyes). So it is now 9:00 a.m. and she is still going strong. I am going to give it until 9:30. It will be time for more pain medicine and off to nap she will go. That's my plan for this morning anyway.

Here is my extended plan.

Monica and Braden will move down here for a couple of months until all of the molars are cut on both kids and we have passed through the cold and flu season. They could enjoy the better weather. (They live outside of Vancouver, Canada). Monica and I would swap nights getting up with the kids. Then when the other mom wakes up for the day, she can take over the kids for a little bit as the first mom catches a little sleep.

I know it sounds great,right Will it happen? Sadly not this year. But this is my little dream. My little way to make it better in my head. I think the sinus pressure is starting to effect me.

4 comments:

Amy Ellis said...

Just call me, I'm sure I'll be up with Trevor, who is currently not sleeping very much either. If he goes to sleep on his own and at a decent time, then he's up at the butt-crack of dawn. If he screams and cries for an hour (or more) before falling asleep at night, then he might sleep a little later, but not much. AAAGGGHHH!!!

Monica Ramsey said...

Ha... LOVE it Christine! You know if I could be there instead of here I would! Swapping nights/early mornings would be too goos to be true! It' 7:30 at night now and I think (stress... I THINK) Braden went to sleep after less than an hour nap today. I'm crossing my fingers for him to make it past 6am two mornings in a row.
I wish we were there because I think Braden and Addison would have a BLAST playing together. Hopefully they'll be reunited sooner rather than later.
Love and miss -
Mon

Christine said...

Just put him on the plane with Paula for a few days and we'll fly them right back on Tuesday. Maybe I'll bring him and have Paula stay with the girls.

Monica Ramsey said...

Last night - up from 2:41 to 4am and back up at 6:12. Oh Joy.