Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not so perfect parent

Last night I was filling the tub for the girls bath. The poor things have my very dry skin. I thought that I would just add a little baby oil to the water to help moisturize a little like when they were babies. I immediately realized my mistake and drained the water. There was no way I could wash and rinse their hair with baby oil in the water.

Refilled the bath tub and went about the evening. After drying the girls hair, it noticed that it was still "greasy" looking, you guessed it, from the left over baby oil in the tub. So this morning, each girl got a special shampoo "like at the hair salon" in the kitchen sink. Their hair is much improved. I, on the other hand, am still without make-up and in my lounge clothes.

**This moment was brought to you by the first part of my "Not so Perfect Parent" segments.

Side note: Anyone want to clean my tub today?

1 comments:

Monica Ramsey said...

Braden also has very dry skin. I found something that clears it right up. We bathe Braden every other day and use the lotion each time as a preventive measure. It's the Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream (with natural colloidal oatmeal, it smoothes and relieves dry skin and the dry skin from Eczema - that's all on the bottle). They also make a bath soap... I swear by Aveeno. Or - if you want to treat specfic dry spots as they flare up - there is Baby Aquaphor. It's a lot like vasaline, but not exactly. It also works really well for spot treatment.