Thursday, January 1, 2009

Consider this my billboard ad












It is public knowledge that I am looking for a job. When I decided at the last minute, literally, that I would stay home with the girls, we knew that the situation was temporary. No more than a year. Well, here we are at year two. My return to the workforce has been delayed by many numerous events and very few interviews. It seems that my desire not to be in management coupled with all of my management experience has left me over qualified for the positions that I am applying for. So here is my public plea for assistance.

What do I want from a job?

Very little.
  • an office job that is Monday-Friday
  • closed for all major holidays
  • would like responsiblity but I do not want to have the final say.  Let it be someone else's butt for a while
  • co-workers
What do I not want?
  • to be on call
  • work the holidays
  • make sure that whoever is supose to be at work is there
  • live with my cell phone next to my bed
  • anyone to call me Mrs. Maywald
  • work more than 45 hours a week.  I don't mind a little overtime but that is where I draw the line
  • take work home and do it off the clock
  • worry that someone is doing something stupid that will effect my job and someone's well being.
  • to work in long-term care 
  • or a daycare
  • or with animals
I don't think that I am asking for too much.  If you know if anything, please feel free to leave a message I will get back to you.  


0 comments: