Sunday, January 25, 2009

I know, I know

I have not updated in so long...


There are many things that are blog worthy and I will get to them soon.  

One thing that you should know before too much longer is that I will be returning to the paying workforce.  That is right.  I am going back to work full time. Tomorrow.

And I say paying workforce because as many of you out there know, being a stay at home mom is a full time job.  It is not a paid job.  It does not have health insurance or a 401k.  You do not get sick days or holiday pay.  But it has been my job for the last 2 years.  There have been many a times that I have prayed to change places with my husband for just one week.  Just for the adult interaction and to see progress in what I was doing.  Let's face it...Ellen and Oprah do not respond to me talking to them in the TV and laundry is never a completed project.

But what I have done of the last couple of years will be shown through out the lives of my girls.  I will forever have this time with them.  I have been paid in hugs and kisses.  I also have two terriffic kids.  They are great little people and will continue to grow.

I am still sitting on the fence about this whole return to the work force.  I have done my fair share of crying this week.  Hell, I'm crying as I type this.  But I believe that it will be good for everyone.  There have been a lot of silent prayers answered  this week too.  It seems as if everything has fallen into place and little of that had to do with my emotional state and changing mind.  I have the support of my loving husband and family.  Addison is able to stay at her MDO school and she will be with Reece in the afternoons.  

Thank you to everyone that has helped and listened to me over that last week.  I appreciate you all more than you know.  

4 comments:

Mitzi said...

Good Luck. All our love and support!

Layne Court said...

We cannot imagine how hard this is for you. But please know that whatever you may need, we are here for you. Let's get a date night scheduled for you guys soon. Perhaps on the day of your first new paycheck! Love you, Layne (& Mitzi)

Sara Blackburn White said...

Yeah! Your fast!! How exciting- I do have to say after one full week of being home- I am jealous!;)
I cant wait to hear about your new adventure and I know whatever it is- It will be great and you will do great work. Good luck today and
lets get our girls dinner on the calendar!

Lori said...

Hope your day was great! I can't imagine how hard all of this has been! Let me know if there is anything I can do, I'm right down the road!
Miss you!