Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleeping Double in a Single Bed

I am not sure when it happened.  One night Reece decided to sleep in the twin bed in Addison's room.  I was okay with it.  Maybe she would sleep there all night verses coming down to sleep with us.  Addison was still in her crib.  They had plenty of room.  


She did it the next night.  And the next.  This continued for weeks.  Around spring break we decided to move Addison out of the crib and into her twin bed.  I thought Reece would move back to her room.  No such luck.  Reece said that she would just sleep on the trundle bed in Addison's room.  It quickly became an contest to see who would sleep where.  "I want top!"  "No!  It's my turn".  

Then the real fun began.  Addison was free as a bird.  Nothing was keeping her in bed.  It truly felt like an episode of Super Nanny.  I would put her in bed, she would run out.  Repeat.  Repeat.  She won by the way.  We rock her to sleep again now.  Don't get me started.  I have strayed....

So the girls are sharing a room.  And a twin bed with a trundle.  So what do I do?  Buy another twin bed for the room?  Bunk beds are not an option.  Addison = no fear.  Keep it like it is?

Addie's room is the last room to be completed in the house.  She still has builder beige on the walls.  She has cute drapes.  Cute bedding.  It just needs it to be painted and rearranged.  We didn't want to do anything till she was out of the crib.  

Any suggestions?????  I don't think Reece is moving out any time soon.  By the way, Reece's BFF, Audrey and her sister share a room by choice too.  I think that's why Reece moved in.  

2 comments:

Sara Blackburn White said...

I think its super sweet! I was the older sister that raided my sisters trundle bed;) This lasted until we wanted privacy-ha! So I would enjoy it and think of it as one less mess to clean up and room to go in - in the morning;) As for Addie not wanting to stay in bed- we went through this with Jack in his switch recently- and felt so blessed to catch a super nanny episode on how to handle. I will email you what we did;) If you stick to your guns for 3 days it will work- and you guys will have peace again!

Stacy said...

if Sara emailed you what they did for Jack staying in the bed, please forward it to me. We had same issue with Charles in big boy bed, but we just put a kiddie-proof knob on the door! he has settled back down, but he still gets out sometimes when he should be napping.