Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A little me time

Fate...


That is what I am calling it.  I have been bitching about my weight for YEARS!  After seeing my girlfriends loose some serious weight the last couple of months in a variety of boot camps, I took my fat butt to the computer and signed up for a women's boot camp.  My girlfriend Lori has been doing one in McKinney and she has really enjoyed it.  The time for the workouts is good with my schedule.  Chad was encouraging so I went for it.  It is three days a week.  I started last night and I am dying today.

Monday morning, I threw all of my Weight Watchers material in a bag and took it to work.  I also took workout clothes and shoes.  We have been walking on our lunch breaks around the neighborhood behind the office.  It really doesn't matter if we stink we when we get back because don't see anyone.  I told myself that I just wasn't going to eat crap any more.  That is what it all boils down to.  Yes I have and small amounts of things I should have stayed away from but much, much less than I would have ate just last week.  

Then today, my boss (who is my age) came into the office this morning and said that he is adding a new benefit to the office.  A GYM MEMBERSHIP.  We would have a small amount out of our checks but he would pay 75% of the membership for 24 Hour Fitness.  If we wanted to work out during lunch, he would look at letting us flex our hours so that we could.  I think the last time that I had the opportunity to work out in multiple locations during one week was in college.  And that was 10 years ago.  

Here is my plan.  Boot camp is through May.  Three days a week.  Monday, Wednesday and Thurs/Friday.  This well get me going and in better shape to make it to the gym.  The hardest part is starting, right.  Gym membership starts Friday.  I would love to go on the weekends and at least 3 days a week during lunch.  Did I mention that Chad's company gets a discount too?  So all four of us will be heading to the gym together.  I will not eat crap.  If I do, it will be in very small portions.  

So.... here to fate giving my butt the swift kick I needed.  I no longer have a time issue,a  budget issue, or will I miss having someone to work out with.  All of the excuses are gone.  Here's to some me time.  

3 comments:

Lori said...

You go girl! Boot camp is the best thing I have done for myself!
I'm so glad you've step up to the challenge!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you making this time for yourself. I know this is hard for you BUT you can do it. Love you, Mom

Layne Court said...

You are going to do great! Way to go Sissy. Love you, Layne