Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008



We had a busy weekend. Chad took Good Friday off so we had a three day weekend together. Saturday we went to downtown Celina for an Easter Egg hunt with Prestonwood Baptist Church. Our neighbors, The Hastys, are members and invited us to join them. Reece enjoys playing with their kids, Claire and Ethan. Here are some pictures from that hunt as well as Easter day at our house.


http://picasaweb.google.com/hugsandstitches/FebAndMarch2008?authkey=BrBv1uV69io

There were about 4000 eggs. They let all of the kids go at one time and they were all gone in about 4 minutes. We had a abundance of candy at the house that evening. You will see in the pictures that Reece didn't make it too long after the hunt and fell asleep on the way home. Later that evening, the "Easter Bunny" (me) was trying to locate Reece's Easter Basket and fill it with goodies for the next morning. Chad looked for about 30 minutes for that dang basket. I asked if he checked all of her hiding spots and he said yes. Well, we now know where her latest spot is. On the bookshelf in the guest room. And what did we find next too it? That's right, a bunch of Tootsie Roll wrappers. I guess I wasn't doing as good as I thought about policing the candy intake. On Sunday, I told here that the Easter Bunny woke me up because he couldn't find her Easter Basket. She acted surprised. That nut!

Sabrina and Scott come over for lunch as well as Bernie and her SIL, Kat. Raff was at home sick. We had a nice lunch and then did the egg hunt at the house. When we showed Reece the eggs in the backyard, she said "I'm so excited!" Do I have a little girl or a Pointer Sister? Please ignore the fact that the girls have on Spring dresses and black tights. It was colder than I expected when I got the girls dresses in the morning. They only wore the tights to hunt egss.

I will spend the rest of today working and explaining why we can't have candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

1 comments:

Layne Court said...

You are too funny. Way to stay on top of the updates. We are looking forwar dot seeing you guys this weekend.

Uncle Layne