Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Girl on Top (get your mind out of the gutter)

So Reece has a great memory for the things that she wants - candy, make-up, snacks. The child never forgets. She knows where I hide everything. But she cannot remember the name of places. One day we were in the car running errands. She asked if we were going to the "Red Star Store". I had to think. My question to her, "What would we get from the Red Star Store?" R- "Clothes, I need some new clothes". That is when it clicked. She was talking about Macy's.

And if you ask her what she wants for lunch, you will get the same answer in the same order 90% of the time - Chicken, Fries, Ketchup, Sprite, Toy. That's right ladies and gentleman, she is addicted to fast food. I know I did it to myself. She loves chicken nuggets. But let's be honest, who doesn't? They are bite size, easy to eat in the car, you can change the flavor with your dipping sauce. What's not to love? I will also admit (as any preschooler parent would) that we live at Chick-fil-a. Can you believe that people in the north don't have Chick-fil-a? (that's a whole blog entry itself!) Back to my story... We were doing our weekly run to Chick-fil-a when Reece says, "No Mom, not that place!" What?!?!? Me - "Why not Reece, you love this place?" R- "No Mom, I want to go there, with the Girl on Top." As I look to where she is pointing, it hits me. The girl on top - Wendy's. So that is our new joke. Yes, we are trying to teach her to say she would like to eat at Wendy's but isn't Girl on Top more fun? And it's not barbecue sauce. It's Barbie sauce.

And yes...she is my child. She loves a good soda. She tells me that she wants to eat big chicken (chicken strips) from the place with the boy and girl, and the little ice. Have you figured it out yet? It's Sonic. She a nut.

2 comments:

cmaywald said...

Honey,

You are doing a great job sharing the girls' crazy stories on the blog!

Chad

Layne Court said...

That is too funny. Good job.

Uncle Layne