Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Would you like some candy?

Reece has several hiding spots around the house. I really don't understand why. She will fuss at Addie when Addie tries to play with anything of Reece's. And she has done this before Addie was born. I find random items in weird spots throughout the day. Let's face it. If I cleaned house more, I would find more. Today's prize was the best in a while. Go back to the missing Easter basket and Chad finding it in the guest room. Sabrina was over helping get ready for the garage sale so the guest room was cleared out. Free of baby clothes and swings and old coats and every other piece of random junk that we moved here from the other house. We were changing the sheets on the guest bed and Reece whips out this Tootsie Roll from nowhere. Then says something like, "Chocolate rolls are my favorite". Me -Where did you get that from. R- Right here in my hiding spot. Sure enough. On the bookcase (where the Easter basket was hidden) behind the flap of a binder, we found her latest hiding spot. Tuck away was 4 open eggs and the content from about 12, including some empty wrappers. You know, I have to hand it to the kid. She put them in a room where no one goes, left the wrappers in the hiding spot as to not draw attention to the fact that she eat any candy by putting the wrappers in the trash, and she has been eating snacks in private well enough that I have noticed in 5 days. Are you smarter than a 3 year old?

Reece's competition is not far behind her. Addison is getting smarter every day. We were outside in the garage most of today getting ready for the garage sale on Saturday. I have sorted through all of the girls clothes too many times to count. We came up with an idea to put several of the same size/similar outfits into a gallon bag to sell as a set and then put the bags in size buckets. Addie watched as she snacked on her crackers and drank her juice. After her "break" she decided that she would help too. She found a bag on the ground and put some clothes in it, then more. She is one sharp cookie. She continued to do this for a while. She pulled a bag of pull-ups in front of a lawn chair to use as a stool to get into the chair. She has also learned how to climb up the child's arm chair to get onto the guest bed. The girl has no fear. I had no idea I had such the little dare devil. I see a trip to the emergency room in our future.

2 comments:

Layne Court said...

We are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Should I bring some more candy?

Uncle Layne

Mitzi said...

She is such a little sneak- I love it!