Friday, June 15, 2012

A few of my favorite people

There are times in our lives when we are blessed with family that become friends, and friends that become family.  We headed to Houston last week to meet up with both.  The Bettencourts were visiting their family, The Archers, and we were visiting The Ramseys.  We picked this weekend because it was the only weekend that the Astros were playing on a Saturday that worked with every one's schedule.  The other thing making this trip work was the fact that Chad and Dustin would be going back on Sunday together and Lori and I would be able to stay behind and visit longer.  Now with that said, this is what really happened.

We decided on Friday that we wanted to hang out with the Ramseys instead of going to the game because Chad didn't have very long in town.  My text to Lori went something like this, "Don't hate me.  I think we are going to skip the game.  Want to hang out with the Ramseys.  Catch up with you at the beach on Monday?"  Her reply - "Girl, don't worry about it.  See you later"  Love her!!!  No hurt feelings, complete acceptance.  No big deal. 

So we spent Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday with the Ramseys.  We hit up a couple of their community pools, cooked out, changed tail lights on a car, drank.  The norm.  I can hang out with this couple every day of the week.  They are laid back, roll with the punches kind of people.  My favorite aunt is moving to Houston this month as well.  I plan on going to one more time this summer to spend more time with all of them. 

On Sunday, I drove to the Woodlands to drop Chad off so he could head back with Dustin.   Lori text me that afternoon.  "Don't hate me.  We cant go to the beach. We have been outside all day.  Going to Jenni to look at a house.  Catch up with you later?"  My response - no problem.  I love how relaxed we are with each other.  Even though we didn't see each other the whole time we were there, it didn't bother either of us. 

On Monday, Monica and I took the kids to Galveston. Four kids, two moms, two umbrellas, two coolers, snacks, lunch, and one car. We made it work with the help of a couple DVD players. The kids had a good time. All but one, slept on the way home. Here are a couple of pictures.



The girls and I headed to Bryan on Monday to see Mom and Dad and Grandma.  The girls were ready to do projects with Mom as soon as we got there.  On Wednesday night, they stayed up late to finish a stuffed animal that Reece designed. 


We headed home on Thursday.  After a quick stop at Buccee in Madisonville, I called Lori to see where she was.  She had just left Buccee's about 15 minutes before us.  So we literally followed each other back home to the metroplex. 

1 comments:

BettencourtFamily said...

Love you girl!!! Thanks for being a friend that is family to us. This post cracks me up! Drove to Houston to see you when we live 10 minutes from each other!