Monday, June 11, 2012

Where have we been???

I am sitting here wondering if anyone still reads this blog.  If you do, so sorry for the very, very late update.  I will just jump right in and go with what has happened the last month or so.

Addison has finished her first year at Folsom Elementary.  She had a really good year.  She was tested and admitted into the dual language program for the next year.  We are excited about this opprotunity and all that it includes.  It is a major commitment for the next 6 years (yes, through 5th greade).  I just hope that she will continue to strive and do well.  Here is the killer part.  The dual language program is changing schools.  She will be attending the new elementary that is opening this fall.  And this brings me to Reece.

Reece is not excited about changing schools.  She has really enjoyed her time at Folsom.  She knows the routine and, like someone else, she does not do change well.  Our compromise has been to try it out until December and if she still doesn't like the school, we will talk about a change.  We have signed both of the girls up for cheerleading in the fall.  Reece will be on a squad with two of her really good friends so I think she will be just fine.

Chad is doing well.  He keeps running these hald marathons.  He looks amazing and I really wish I could be more like him.  I "want" to learn how to run.  It is one of those goals.  *sigh*

Me - well, I wish things were a little different.  I applied to two nursing programs and was not accepted to either.  I feel that there is just that much competition.  I am sad about it.  I won't lie.  Even a little depressed.  But I have a plan.  I will find a job in a hospital (goal) or at least in health care and apply for the UTA nursing program.  It is mainly on-line.  I have most of classes in order to head towards my BSN instead of an associates degree.  It really will be for the best.  I just need to wrap my mind around it and move forward.  I will enjoy my summer with the girls for however long it may last. 

I will try to update more frequently from this point on.  New goal.  Maybe share a couple of the projects we have working.  And some pictures of the kids.

1 comments:

Kim S said...

So sorry to hear about the nursing programs. I really think it is their loss! You are amazing, and I know the right opportunity will come your way.