When I was in the eighth grade, we had to sell raffle tickets to raise money for something for school. Being the slacker that I was, I sold zero. Not a single one. I guess my parents felt bad for me and bought all 20. Well the grand prize was a four pack to Schlitterbahn. And WE WON! Could it be that we were the only family that "sold" tickets. It didn't matter. We were going to Schlitterbaun.
We picked a weekend to go and leave it to me to get sick. I'm not talking a little head cold. I had the good puking sick. Sabrina and Layne were less than happy that I was puking my guts out and ruining their vacation. I felt bad. That Saturday when we woke up, I felt so much better. I told mom and and asked "Could we still go? Please?!?!?!?." She asked if I was for sure. I lied and said yes. I just really wanted to go. And off we went. My diet was mainly crackers. I had to wear a t-shirt over my swimsuit the second half of the day because I was so sunburnt. But it was the best time.
I wanted the same thing for my girls. Chad and I started looking into making it a long weekend for the summer. We also wanted to go back through San Marcos where we went to school and eat at a couple of our favorite places. We decided to stay on the property. We were able to have 3 day passes instead of 2 for the same price. Plus a place to stay, come back and have lunch in the room. Rest when we wanted.
Well, the room left something to be desired. It is, by far, the smallest hotel room we have ever rented. We opted not to have a tree house room but will next time. They are very cool and new. The water park we great. It took the girls until the second day to really get into it. But they had a blast. I can see how much fun it would be for teenagers. Since we stayed on site, we were able to enter the park an hour earlier than the general public. That has to be the best part. We were able to get on rides that had 1-2 hour waits during the day very quickly and ride them 2-3 times before the park opens.
We had an added bonus of Addie loosing a tooth on vacation. Good thing the tooth fairy travels and knows where her kids are at all times. All in all, it was good. We will do it again in a couple of summers. I think the girls and Chad had a good time as well. It can only get better as the kids get older.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment