Monday, April 14, 2008

Rough Riders Baseball Game

So I haven't posted in a while because we have been super busy. Layne offered us some free tickets for the Rough Riders Baseball game in Frisco. This is the Texas Rangers AA team. I don't even know if that is right, but the do have a connection to the Rangers. We took the girls because we didn't have a sitter and they got in free!!! The tickets were part of the Founding Members seats so everything was inclusive. All the food and drink you wanted. Only one of us got to drink...it wasn't me. But we had a great time watching it through the kids eyes.

The seats were on the first base line, third row. Pretty good. I think the reason I enjoy these games more than the Rangers is the extra entertainment. They have a group of people that provide some between inning games. They shoot the t-shirts and stuff but they also include some kids. It is generally the kids who celebrate their birthday at the ball park. It's musical chairs, sack races, things like that. Then there is Duce. Or as Reece called him, Goose. Duce is the mascot, prairie dog looking character. And he has a new lady friend, Daisy. So we spent the night looking for Goose and Daisy. Addie was scared and Reece was okay as long as they didn't talk to her or try to hug her. But she did wave.

I decided not to edit the pictures so that you can see how much fun we have trying to get the girls to smile at the same time. And how silly Reece is acting.

I'll do more tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Monica Ramsey said...

Looks like fun! I can see it would be more enjoyable with kids when it's not such "corporate" baseball and more like a good old fashioned game.

Unknown said...

It so great the girls are trying new things and don't go nuts. I'm so proud of what great parents the two of you are. Love Mom