Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring it here and the Natives are Restless

April 2008">

Spring time has hit Texas in a big way. In the past month, we have had the tornado sirens for the city go off 2 times and it is windy day and night. It feels like a little resistance training went we go for walks. The girls LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being outside. We are still trying to find some great neighbors with kids nearby. The Hastys across the street are sweet and we try and meet up with them. The other exciting neighborhood news is we are on duck egg watch. There are 3 neighborhood ponds. The one closest to our house has 2 duck nest waiting to hatch. One with 17 eggs and the other with 13. Someone has also donated 50 (that's right 5 0) ducklings to the neighborhood. The board is looking for families to help raise the ducks for 5 weeks until the a old enough to be on their own. Then we will do a duckling release at the 3 ponds. I will say this...Chad and I have opted out of adopting these ducklings. I don't think we need anything else making a mess around here. The Hastys home school and I think they are going to adopt so that will be where we will visit. One way on another, we will be full of ducks this summer.

In other spring news, Chad and I dug a new vegetable garden in the back yard. I was not all to see my last garden through the summer because of the sell of our home and those DANG BUNNIES!!! I have not seen a bunny at this house so I may have some success. Growing in the garden is tomatoes, green onions, green beans, cilantro, basil, red and yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, and strawberries. Reece was going to plant some watermelon seeds in the garden as well. She "planted" them when we where tilling the soil so I am sure if they come up, it will be in an odd location.

The pictures are random, kind of like our days. There are several shots of the backyard and the potential for all that can be done. And we have started one more project on the house. Chad ripped down the tile back splash this weekend so that we can replace it with some new, more attractive tile. And we are fixing the vent a hood. I should have a nice new kitchen by Reece's birthday!!!

0 comments: