One of my favorite shows is Jon & Kate plus 8. It's on TLC and if you haven't seen it, you really need to. It is a family of twins and sextuplets, hence the 8 kids, and she is a SAHM while he has an IT job. One of the best moments is when Kate is talking about Maddie, one of the twin girls. Kate was explaining how Maddie is very dramatic all of the time and desires to be the center of attention. Jon said that Maddie was just like Kate. Kate responded with "I don't do or say things to be dramatic, I REALLY feel that way" Jon- "Well, maybe Maddie REALLY feels that way." I am started to believe that it is true in this house. Every communication with Reece is very dramatic. I can see how she "REALLY feels that way" about most anything. Eating her yogurt, putting her shoes on, Addie being in her room. The extra added bonus is dramatic as well. When she really does not want to do something, the reply is "NEVER!!!" Me- Reece, can you please put on your shoes so that we can go to school" R- "NEVER!!!" Do you see how my mornings go some days.
I am starting to be concerned that Addison is starting to believe that this is how things are done in the house. She has her first dramatic meltdown this evening. She was finished eating and the rest of us were at the table. She brought me her shoes which meant that she wanted to go outside. And I am sure that she did because Reece had asked 100 times while eating dinner. I told her no, it was too cool and we were still eating dinner. That was not the response that she wanted and she had a full blown meltdown on the ground, crying while laying on her side, next to her shoes. Chad and I couldn't help but giggle just a little. I thought that we had a few more months before we did this whole major meltdown issue. She has done the going limp when we pick her up from doing something she is not suppose to do. That I expected. But I just thought I had a little more time.
If you feel that your life is drama feel, please feel free to email about raising 2 girls. I will let you come over for the day.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment