Friday, May 16, 2008

Crazy? Not me, well maybe me

So I was watching Grey's Last night thinking that it was all getting out of hand. Cristina is loosing it, Meridith has never had it together but at least she isn't as whiny as she used to be, Alex's girl Rebecca is crazy. Then I came across this from one of my Moms boards about the show. Kind of plays into all of our day to day lives.

“Don’t wonder why people go crazy. Wonder why they don’t. In the face of all we can lose in a day, in an instant, wonder what the hell it is that makes us hold it together.”

Well I think that at any point we can all go crazy. Just look at we try to fit into one day, one week and then into one year. How could we not. I've been thinking a lot about family lately. It's been hard not to with everything going on. I think that our families are the reasons that we aren't crazy. Don't get me wrong, family does cause you to be crazy at times. But aren't they the reason why you DON'T loose it? There are days when I just want to get in the car and run away. I'm not going to do it though. And why not? Because of my family. I love them all so much and the thought of never seeing them again just kills me on the inside. Instead of loosing it, I just take some time away from everyone and have a little me time. Do I wish it could happen more? Yes. Do I wish that it could be longer? Yes.

Reece tells us at least once a day that she wants to be alone. My response, "Good luck!" Probably not my best parenting moment of the day but I'm not perfect. But I do understand her desire to just be left alone. No one calling your name and no one pulling on you. It can make you crazy. Instead, Reece and I need to learn that family is what keeps you sane, loved, and a whole person. I am grateful and thankful for all of family and friends in my life. You are what keeps me from going crazy.

Sorry for being a little sappy. I happens when I feel a little crazy.

1 comments:

BettencourtFamily said...

ok, I am beginning to worry that you are crazy...no posts in 4 days! we need an update!!!! love you sister!