Monday, May 5, 2008

I can keep up


Let's start with a quick weekend wrap-up. Chad finished the TILE!!!! Mostly. It has been grouted and now just needs to be sealed. I will update the kitchen photos with before and after when the kitchen is a little more put together. He is working on my vent a hood.. I have been cooking without a light for about 3 weeks. He thinks that it won't take long to a least get the inside work done so that I have light again.

Saturday was our normal run around crazy day. That evening, everyone gathered to celebrate Mitzi's birthday. Layne was the primary chef and everything turned out well. Chad did the grilling. Jessica made a great homemade cheesecake. Mitzi's parents were in town and joined us as well as Sabrina, Scott, Ben and Jessica. The girls had a great time playing with everyone. They slept in until 9am!!!

So that brings us to today. Reece, Addison, and I had breakfast at school today. It was muffins with mom day. There was a cute little place mat that had some fill in the blank things about their mom. Reece's answers are in pink.

  • My mom's name is Mommy.
  • I like it when she cooks.
  • She is the best when she cooks broccoli soup. (pasta and greens)
  • I like her the most because she is my friend.
  • I make her smile when I give her a gift. (she will wrap up anything and give it as a gift)
My girl is so sweet. She called me her "friend". I thought I would be in my 50's before I heard that. It was a good morning. They sang a sweet little song. And went on their way to chapel. My shocking moment of the day came this evening when Chad was reading the bulletin from school. The last day is May 15th!!! That's next week. I am sad.

Addison is a mess. I finally had to cut about a inch of her hair last night. I have to admit that I was embarrassed by the fact that the girl was sporting a mullet. It was stringy and just in poor taste. It sits nicely now and does not matte up as badly when she is napping. The last photos in the group are from today. You can check out my skills. She is trying so hard to keep up with Reece and all that she does. The little girl is a dare devil. She will climb on anything (I think just to be a big girl) and that includes the tables and any chair. The last pictures you will see her using a pillow just to get that added inch to get onto the couch. Addison tried to use the oven handle this evening as a hanging monkey bar. I saw it all in slow motion and could not get to her fast enough to stop her. She hung on all the way to the floor as she hit her head on the island on the way down. She wasn't hurt and the oven wasn't on. I guess we are looking for a oven lock this week.

1 comments:

Monica Ramsey said...

Good stories! I found an oven lock at Target that worked well - and that says a lot since our boy could open up his baby gate at 11 months old. :)