My lovely Addison - my child with a stomach of steel, got a stomach virus on Friday evening. (week one of MDO - runny nose and a stomach virus, nice) We were up all night long, "resting" about every 20-30 minutes. Our pediatrician has sick appointments on Saturday so I ran her in. All I really wanted was some phenergan and a IV bag so that the child could sleep. Much to my surprise, they don't do phen any more for children under 2. She did write us a script for Zofran. She also gave us dosing guidelines for the rest of the family as this virus is vary contagiuos. She also told me that if the medicine did not work, she would directly admit to the hospital because she is so little and would dehydrate so quickly.
I am happy to report that we did not need to go. She recovered just fine. I had a girls over night in Dallas and had a whole back-up plan if she needed to go. But Addison knew that I needed this night away and she was great for Chad.
When I returned on Sunday, the family was happy and eating okay. I ran to the store for the weekly goods. As I was returning to the house, Chad was calling my phone. Reece was now sick. She continued until about 9 pm and slept through the night without incident, with the help of the medicine. She has taken the day off from school. I am hoping that we have a day without any incidents, and both girls will be well enough for school tomorrow.
Last night, I made a sink full of Lysol cleaner and wiped down every hard surface I could. All of the soft surfaces and more were sprayed with Lysol. All of the sheets have been changed. I will do as much laundry today as I can. It is fairly difficult to keep the girls away from each other. But I have assigned the spots to sit in the living room and upstairs. We are on a movie marathon today. There will not be a round three. We will be over all of this by this evening.
Now, if we can all lay down and take a 3 hour nap this afternoon, I will do a little happy dance.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
1 comments:
Awwwww....so sad that Reece caught it too! Hope everyone is feeling better (and napping) at your house!
Post a Comment