Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm in Denial

I am in denial about a lot of things . But the one that hits me in the face multiple times a day is the fact that Addison is ready to be potty trained. Bless her heart. She comes up to me and tells me that she popped no less than 4 times a day. In reality, it is just a little pee and once a day she is correct about it being poop. Sometimes she takes her diaper off, sometimes just her pants. She knows where all of the diapers are in the house. She likes to sit on the potty. She knows how to wipe.

So what is the issue? MEEEEE!!! It is all me. I am the one at fault here. I accept 100% of the blame. I know that it is work. I need to go buy a couple little potties. I need to just let her run around naked. I need to move some carpet cleaner upstairs and just do it.

We have come to the little freedom stage in our lives. We don't have to pack a million things to run to the store. I don't even carry a diaper bag. And after 4 years I have finally gotten smart and just left a half pack of diapers and a whole wipe container in the car. I still pack 1 or 2 and the small wipes in my purse. But it's not the bottles, aspirator, burp cloth, change of clothes, bib, jar food, snacks.

But it is a whole different world in potty training days. For starters - you don't leave the house. It is like you are in sick kids mode, lock down. You are doing and saying the same thing every 45-60 minutes. "Let's go potty! Did you go tee-tee? Are you dirty? Where did you get that dirt? That's not dirt!" You are doing laundry multiple times a day. A couple weeks into it, you can leave. But you pack 1-2 changes of clothes - head to toe. This includes shoes. You pack towels and cleaner because you know that they will pee in the car seat.

This is something you do when it is raining for 5 days. Snowing outside. 40 degrees is the high. This isn't something that you try to do when it is a perfect 78 degrees outside. When you just want to sit outside a read a book. This is a winter project.

Don't call CPS just yet. I will potty train her. It will happen soon. Maybe before I have to run down to Costco for some more diapers. My denial will end. I will move into the acceptance stage. Just give me time. You see, I am loosing my baby. She is turning into a little girl and the diapers are the final stage. Maybe I'll be crazy mom and move her into the twin bed at the same time. Can you just imagine?

1 comments:

Mitzi said...

You are too funny. I don't blame you. The weather is amazing. I rode around with the windows down for the first time in months. We had a great time this weekend. Love ya,
Layne