Sunday, September 21, 2008

Let's talk Costumes

Halloween - you either love it or hate it. For the girls I like it. For me, I hate it. I don't have a good time trying to dress up as something else. By far, my best costume was also my worst. Two years ago when I was pregnant with Addison, I went as a pregnant nun. It was great in the fact that I was fairly comfortable in a long flowy gown. But I was miserably hot in the hat thing. Would Father John at St. Joseph be proud? No way. Would he be shocked? Most likely no. At least I was married, right?

For the girls, it is difficult every year it seems. You find the cute costume. You dress them up. 90% of the time, they don't want to wear the head piece. Which is most of the time the cutest part. You plan for nice weather, then it is cold. You are searching Target for a pair of white tights like every other mom because Halloween night it decides to be 50 degrees with wind. The next year, you plan on cool weather and it's so stinking hot that the kid ends up in a onesie or a tank top and shorts with wings. So this year I will plan for both options.

I have seriously thought at just putting them in one of the 20 dress up outfits laying around here. I don't know that I could find all of the correct parts to make one great Disney princess outfit. Could Reece be part Snow White with a Cinderella crown. I think Addison would make a terrific Tinkerbell with the Barbie Mariposa wings, right? Who says the wings have to be green? I think purple and hot pink would be great.

So I guess this weeks project will be to find new princess outfits. I don't think I need to buy shoes though. I can find at least 2 matching pair from the 10 here and build the costumes from there.

Here's some photos from the past.

2 comments:

Sara Blackburn White said...

so cute!! yes lets def. plan a day at the park once the weather cools off! Maybe a sat. so Amy and her kiddos can come! Then Laura is just down the street for Amy- so maybe we should meet over in their neck of the woods. I am about 30 min south from Amy- or thats what it used to take before she moved and frisco got all grown up-ha!
Lets stay in touch and get something planned. Maybe in oct. we are here all the wknds except te 4th and 18th!
talk soon! Good luck with the costumes;) Sara

Unknown said...

It all starts with a box...