Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Honey

That's right, Chad has celebrated another birthday and for the next couple of months he is 2 years older than me. My lovely sister took care of the sick sisters last night so Chad and I could have a nice dinner out. Just the two of us. We went to what should be called a meat buffet but instead is called a Brazilian Steak House. Basically, we didn't eat all day so that we would be starving when we arrived to sample the 20 different kinds of meat. It wasn't that many but it was a lot.

I am happy to report that I turned my disk over after not quite one round. I will keep Chad's behavior out of this post. Overall it was a nice quite dinner.

I picked Reece up from school and was telling her the today was Daddy's birthday. She asked where the balloons were. I said that Daddy didn't want any. She kept insisting that we MUST have balloons...it was a long conversation. She then asked who was all coming over this evening. I said just Sabrina. She wanted to know who else was coming to his birthday party. I said no one, we weren't having a party. "Why not?" "Daddy didn't want to have anyone over." Then her next question was when were we going to eat cake. I said that Daddy didn't want any cake so Mommy did not have any. This was very sad. And thank goodness, that is when Chad walked in the door. We turned the attention away from no cake, no one coming over, and no balloons to opening a gift. She soon let the rest of it go. It was like it really wasn't his birthday because none of the other things were happening.

I did want to share what I will call my Jerry Seinfeld moments from the evening. You know the little things that are every day but seem funny to you. And you hope that someone else will think that they are funny. Any whoo, these two late 20s guys walk into the restaurant last night. Both very casually dressed. (I guess there isn't any kind of dress code from the what I saw the rest of the evening). I look at this guy wearing a t-shirt and basketball shorts. You know the kind, kind of mesh material. I then I notice that his white shorts and on inside out. He has these HUGE pockets on the outside of his shorts kind of flapping in the wind. Two things - why in the world did the other idiot with him not tell him that his shorts were on inside out? And just what are you doing that you have to get dressed so fast that you can't take 3 seconds to see if your pants are on the right way. He did notice at some point during the evening because after he returned from one of his 10 trips to the salad bar, the shorts were turned right side out.

My other moment was a personal one and I'm not quite ready to talk about my rolling underwear. Maybe tomorrow when I don't feel like I just gained 15 pounds.

Happy Birthday Chad! You are an awesome dad, husband and friend. I am glad that you choose for us to spend the night out alone. It was a great evening. x

2 comments:

Layne Court said...

I thought it was hilarious!

BettencourtFamily said...

Happy Birthday Chad! (and I am not even going to rub it in that he is MUCH older than me!!!)