We have some really sweet neighbors, Larry and Doris, that live across the street. They are in their early seventies and but you would never know. They are the most active couple I have met in a long time. Let's face it. I have spent some time with the older population. Larry and Doris both are retired but work with their grown children at their pizza shop. Larry is constantly working in the yard or washing cars. (I think Chad will be this way when he is older). I see Doris every morning pulling weeds or dead heading the flowers. They have gone a ton of work to the house since moving in this summer.
Recently Larry and Doris have added stone to their front flower beds as well as extending the flower beds to the side of the house. If you have ever done this, you know that it is a ton of work. Pulling up the grass, placing the stones, filling in with dirt, planting all of the plants. I am tired just thinking about it.
Well, Reece has found a friend in Larry. I don't know if it is his grandfather like approach, his fountain in the back yard, the golf cart he lets us drive around the neighborhood, or the fact that she is just a good judge of character. On severaloccasions now, when we are outside as well as Larry, Reece will say "Can we go talk to Larry?" How do you say no? So we go over and last night was no exception.
Over that last week, we have been going over to check the progress of the gardens and plants. Chad and the girls went last night for a quick visit while I had a few minutes of peace. When they returned, we started baths and I asked if Larry had anything good to say. Reece piped up and said, "He works like a dog".
I just laughed. I know that Chad and I have both said that in reference to Larry. Not knowing of course that Reece had been listening the whole time. Hopefully, she will say it about us one day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment