Saturday, August 23, 2008

Attention Walmart Late Night Shoppers

I would like to make this a Public Service Announcement. I know that sometimes, the only time you can get to Walmart is in the late night. I have been there too and I saw you this evening. I can say that I was slightly embarrassed for you and would like to give you a few pointers. So please take these next few remarks to heart and try to change your shitty attitude before I see you next Saturday evening.

  • *Just because it is past 10 pm, it does not make it okay to park in the handicap or expectant mother parking spots. I saw you get out of your POS and you are way past time when you can concieve. You walked in just fine as you talked on your phone while ushering your three small grandchildren and daughter. Don't say she is expecting because she was smoking crack skinny and the only thing holding her pants on was her boyfriend hand on her butt.
  • *Speaking of children - don't give us ugly looks just because we are looking at your kids because they are still awake. At least act like they wouldn't go to sleep by having them in their pjs. It at least provides us with the thought that you attempted to put them to bed.
  • *Please do not have a fit because the deli is closed. Again, it is past 10 pm.
  • *Please do not start cussing because they are out of Fruity Pebbles. It is the Saturday before school starts. They are out of a lot of things- including a lot of the items on the school supply list that you are carrying around trying to get things for.
  • *Don't act put out by all of the restocking boxes in the middle of the isle. They are trying to fill in the Fruity Pebbles, milk, lunchables, chips, soda, and kool-aid for everyone else to buy tomorrow.
  • *And finally, be kind to the three checkers that are working. At least the showed up. You know that they are sick and tired of seeing everyone buying beer, condoms, pregnacy test, Dorittos, and Coke and wondering why they are working Saturday night at Walmart instead of you. They are trying to provide for their family, so just say thank you and move on.

3 comments:

Ali said...

LMAO!

Unknown said...

Let us just say the apple does not fall far from the tree. I do not go to Walmart late at night for this very same reason. What did all these people do during the day that they can't take every child in the family with them. Enough.

Amy Ellis said...

So funny, and so true! You should have gone to the WalMart on Redbud in Mckinney-- your story would have been even better. Some scary peeps out there!