Very rarely do I really turn up the music in my car. If I am alone, it is generally off so that I can enjoy the silence. But not tonight. The girls and I were on our way back from picking up dinner. I did not feel like cooking since Chad is OOT. And the kitchen is still dirty from the cookies that Reece HAD to make with Troy. But that is another story.
So as we cruise along 380, The Humpty Dance came on. So I turned it up, did a little dancing in my chair. Addison totally got into it. She was shaking side to side "like her leg was broken". Reece...she was so freaking annoyed I couldn't help but laugh. I was just looking at her in the mirror. Not even her "I'm trying not to laugh at you"smile/not smile. I just ignored her, kept on driving. I even did a tour around the neighborhood because the song was far from over. Reece just wanted to get home. I pulled into the garage, sat in the car to finish the song, and finally got the kids out. Reece aged ten years in that car ride. She got out and said, "I really didn't like that song. At all".
Well kid...it's not like I am all into Veggie Tales and JoJo Circus teaching us how to "Brush your teeth, Little Lion, brush your teeth. "
Which is more pathetic - the fact that I know all of the lyrics to "The Humpty Dance" and would sing it with Lori Bettencourt pride as she does "Shoop" or that I know that damn JoJo song just as well. BTW, here are the lyrics to THD so that you can sing along with him, in his great big white hat and fake nose. You don't even have to click on the link to know what I am talking about.
I may be working on my next blog list - favorite songs of the 90's - not the 80's. I hate the 80's. You know you missing some Smells like Teen Spirit, Nothin like A G Thang, California Love, and The Dance.
By the way , Can't Nobody hold me Down, even my kids.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
4 comments:
I LOVED this blog! You know if Shoop was ever on the radio I would probably pee myself!
Go girl, sing it with all you got! If it makes you feel any better, I am right there with you with the kids music.
OMG! We must have been separated at birth! I still jam to all of those songs and sing LOUD-- funny thing is, Ashley likes the music and jams too, she just DOES NOT want me to sing. She told me a few days ago that I was not cool!
Ha! I didn't have any pint-sized people to annoy with my music, but I just did this the other night - I took an extra lap around the block to listen to the end of an old song on the radio! You can imagine it must have been a good song for me to waste gas to finish it. :)
Really well-written post, BTW.
ROFL! Reece is like Chad, lol! I'm sick of listening to Veggie Tales in the car, I find myself still listening to it when he isn't in the car. Uggggh
Post a Comment