As many of you know, Reece's school isn't THAT far from the house. And today was her first day. We got up early (6:00) and woke Reece about 6:45. She was ready to go right then. I mean let's walk out of the door and too school at 7:00. Chad went and got her her favorite breakfast, chocolate donuts. We decided to drive the 0.25 miles to the school and encountered what we knew would be school traffic. We walked her in, dropped a few things in the classroom and went to the cafeteria to wait with the rest of the class. Most of the kids were there. We tried to help her meet some classmates but shy Reece showed up this morning. We waited with her for a little while and off we went, minus one child.
We did the drive out the back of the neighborhood to get back to the house. (traffic - it is literally 4 cars thick; not long but side by side). We were lucky enough that Sabrina went in late today and left Addison asleep at home. (I have to work on her sleep schedule this week.)
And before you knew it, it was 2:45. Addison had been asleep for all of 1.5 hours of her 3 hour nap (it was a rough afternoon). Woke her, loaded her into the stroller, and off we went. I walked past all of the parked cars in line waiting to do the pick-up. I was thinking, this isn't so bad. Then I got Reece. She was already tired, hot in her heavy denim dress, new shoes, and hair was down and sweaty. She was not up for walking home. But we didn't have a option. And off we were and walked right past all of those cars still parked.
This was the moment I wished I had a golf cart. I could just take the path (cart path wide) from the pond and drive up behind the school. Have our hair flowing in the wind. Don't forget, we can put the rain cover on for rainy days. Pull out of the garage, right up to the front door. Strap the extra car seat to passager seat. Addie you think she was a queen riding in the front. Maybe that will be our Christmas gift to each other this year. Can we get it now?
Only one thing did not go well today. They did tell us to label everything. And I did. But they felt the urge to right on her bag anyway. I'm a little POed. So check it out as well as some rarely seen photos of Chad and I.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
6 comments:
What possesed them to write on the bag with her name monogrammed on it?!?! Oh she is sooo beautiful!. I can't believe how big she is getting! I love the pics of Addie too! Daniel starts MDO tomorrow, sniff..... We need to get together next month b/c I need family photos with Daniel in them. It's for the 2nd mail in group for the application to Gladney. So they can see the extended family with Daniel :)
ok, so I am pissed off with you. I would ask for the $20 you spent on the backpack from the moron that wrote on it. Plus, I am pretty sure the kids are old enough to know which bag is theirs.
reece sure looks cute! hope you get that golf cart soon!
1) I would complain about them writing on it... that was just stupid of them
2) Yes... the golf cart is a good idea. You live in nice weather for most of the year so you would get a lot of use out of it. Try Craig's list and see if you can get a used one.
3) The pictures of the girls are fabulous. They look different from each other, but they are both gorgeous! I wish I could come over for a play date with Braden... then I would watch Braden and Addie while they napped so you could hop in the golf cart to pick up Reece!
love the pictures...so darn cute! I would let a 'higher' power know about the writing on the back pack.... that's not OK! I would never do that, nor can I imagine anyone with half a brain doing that!
They wrote on Ashley's backpack when she was in Pre-K and I bitched the teacher out! I was pregnant, but still! IT ALREADY HAD HER NAME ON IT!!!! I know how you feel. I'm glad Reece had a good day!
Ok, so your girls have said it all already, but I feel like I should echo their sentiments - WTF?! How does a black Sharpie more clearly illustrate who's bag it is than the embroidered name smack dab on the middle of it?! Why are people so ignorant and thoughtless?!
Post a Comment