Friday, August 22, 2008

My sad, sad garden

I have had these high hopes for a garden for a couple of years. I started last year and never got so see it through because of the move. So I started again this year. Let's just say, I don't have a green thumb. Of everything that was planted, I only have a few thing survive. By survive, I do not mean vegetable producing. I mean that there are more green leaves than brown. I have a a good crop in cucumbers though.

I have learned that I do not need to plant as many cucumbers. I have enjoyed several sandwiches and salads. I have shared with my neighbors and family. At one point, I was picking at yeast 5 up to 9 cucumbers a day. No one can possibly eat that many. It has slowed down with the recent heat and I may have missed one or two when picking.

I definitely missed this one.



You can see that it grew into the brick and through it.

0 comments: