The sounds that fill my world ~as defined by this Stay-at-home-Mom
SOBS - verb, (sobs) - the noise that is made when a 4 year old is told they will be taking an afternoon nap; generally included - large tears, head thrown back, NNOOOOO!!!!, "I'm not tired", and an occasional meltdown to the floor
SHRIKE - verb, (shrikes) - the sound of excitement for any child age 12 months to 18 years, very high pitched, followed by a giggle or laugh; or sound heard when a bug chases a little girl
SHRILL - verb, (shrills) - a combination sound made by the younger of 2 children when excitement turns into fear, anger, or frustration; starts off as a happy noise followed by whines, cries, and pouts ending with younger child at the feet of the closest parent.
SCREAM - verb, (screams) - every other noise that comes out the mouth of a child; can be good or bad, happy or sad, calm or panic. ALWAYS too loud and uncalled for
Please feel free to add the noises made by children that fill your lives.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
2 comments:
my least favorite one would have to be:
Whine (verb) used when not getting ones way or when one is very tired. usually followed by "no", finger sucking or sobs and screams.
I will also use it in a sentence....My daughter Ramsey whines all day long.
I don't have to create a new one... Braden screams... excited, frustated... sometimes at home and always knows to give a few good screams when we're out of the house. I cannot believe a sound that loud can come out of such a little person. Chad said I notice it more because I'm with him all the time... maybe that's true. It has gotten better, it comes in cycles and is always worse when he's teething (which is now). I love my son... but I HATE the screams.
Post a Comment