Last summer, I had to go in person to the Town of Prosper building to have our water and sewer turned on. You could not do it on-line. You simply took your drivers license and your new address, with a check (you read it right, a check) to the nice lady behind the counter and she turned your water on. No line to stand in. You can see right down a hall where all of the city employees reign. Prosper is not even big enough to be considered a city. But we are slowly working on it.
We have been on major network television thanks to a former football player. Deion Sanders and his wife have a show on Oxygen Network, Deion & Pilar Primetime Love . It's pretty cute and fun to watch our little town and places that we go on TV.
And now thanks to some filty, money, bleeding billioniares, we will have great shopping and dining in the very near future. The town has signed a deal with 2 development companies - one that I do not know, and the other is the devil himself, Mr. Dallas, Mr. "more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers and I still look U-G-L-Y", Mr Jerry Jones. As if he didn't own enough of the metroplex, he has decided to sqat his Highland Park hiney in my town. But I will over look all of that if he can bring something to eat other than Sonic. As much as I love Sonic, I am over them. My dinner options need to expand.
I know that some of my friends have strong beliefs that only the best of everything is in Dallas. But I hate to be the one to brake it to you. Everything thing is moving north. And soon in my back yard. Here is my proof. I know, I know. It's is a long drive from uptown. But I will be very close by and you can spend the night. My house is only about half a mile from one area. If it makes you feel like we are in uptown or Chicago, we can walk. I don't mind.
If it means that Jerry Jones owes everything so be it. I will just be like the rest of the DFW area and give him 10% of my paycheck. I mean Chad's paycheck.
We will be "moving on up, to the north side" in 2010.
The annual REAL Christmas letter
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment